Based on three crucial aspects, i.e. awareness, action and solidarity, the UNSS and the Maud Fontenoy Foundation wish to encourage resourcefulness and innovation for sustainable development in pupils involved in sports and the schools' sports associations. A call for project has been launched with a view to:
- Demonstrating that everyone can take action to protect the oceans, even inland, by understanding the link between an activity and its impact on the oceans.
- Saving the oceans to save humanity: create a charter describing the services provided free of charge by the oceans to humans.
- Integrating and applying basic mutual respect and sustainable development principles to the sporting events and competitions organised by school sports associations.
HOW TO TAKE PART IN THE PROJECT?
1. Members of a school sports association assemble into teams of 4 to save the oceans and work with their Sports Association.
2. Using the Foundation's educational packs, they perform the following actions:
- propose an "ocean charter for young UNSS members"
- create, transform and make UNSS sporting events environmentally responsible, regardless of their level, size and importance (sporting event, walk, tournament, championship, trek, race, show etc.)
3. Evaluate the event using the analysis table available
4. A video explaining the project (optional)
5. Applications must be emailed by 15 May 2014 to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org or by completing the online form at: www.unss.org/landingpage
FOR MORE INFORMATION, TO DOWNLOAD THE DOCUMENTS AND REGISTER FOR THE 2i2d TROPHY: click here